|Prime Rib Beef Roast, any size|
|Fresh Garlic Cloves, peeled, sliced, and cut in half lengthwise for slivers.|
|Lawry's Seasoning Salt, garlic granules or garlic powder|
|Pkg. of Cheesecloth|
|In a Small Saucepan Over Medium Heat, add one (14-oz) can of beef broth and bring to a boil. reduce the heat, and add one packet of dry onion soup mix: simmer for 5 minutes.|
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
1. Cut small slits all over the roast and insert garlic slices into each one.
2. Rub the roast all over with Lawry's Seasoning salt, garlic granules, or garlic powder.
3. Pack heavily with Kosher salt, as much as it will hold.
4. Wet the cheesecloth and completely wrap the roast in it.
5. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan with some water in the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 20 min. to the lb. for rare, 30 min. to the lb. for medium, or 40 min. to the lb. for well done.
Remove roast from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board before slicing. While roast is resting, make the au jus. Serve over roast slices.
*This recipe applies to any size roast you choose to cook.